Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Biggest Fear

Everyone has a biggest fear that when faced with it it can break you down both physically and emotionally. Fears can stop you from living your life the way you want to, they can lock you in a cage and defeat you. Today I finally came to the realization of what my fear really is. Death, is honestly my biggest fear. With that said let me clarify that I'm not afraid of dying, I am actually quite at ease with the thought of dying one day because I have a strong faith in a higher power. My fear goes so much deeper than losing my own life, the thought of people I love dying terrifies me. It makes a person wonder what the point of getting so close to people really is, if one day they are just going to be ripped away from your world. In my life thus far I have dealt and seen more death than most people do at my age; I can guarantee that. I guess that's why I find it so hard to become really close with new people, the way my brain has been functioning is if I let more people in that's just more people to lose one day. My goal is to overcome this fear one day. My little cousin sparked this idea, he was playing in his hockey game a few nights ago and suffered some pretty sever injuries. Luckily he is finally out of ICU, but will remain in the hospital for who knows how many days. I just pray he over comes this.
I love you Blake.

No comments:

Post a Comment